Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort Area Guide
A beautifully stretched open-water beach, watersports access, and four on-site restaurants are just a few of the luxuries available to guests of the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort. Its secluded location on a southern point of the island provide views of the sunset ablaze over Charlotte Amalie Harbor and close encounters with cruise ships passing at seemingly arms reach from the infinity edge pool. In addition to its superb Marriott standard quality and adjacent location to the Marriott Frenchman’s Cove Vacation Club, the Frenchman’s Reef resort is conveniently located minutes away from shopping and dining areas on island. St. Thomas has even more beaches, dining, excursions, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences to make your vacation even more spectacular! I’ve got your local guide to all the adventure that awaits surrounding the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort:
Beaches- Morningstar Beach is located on the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort property. Morningstar is known for being one of the few beaches in St. Thomas with a regular flow of waves, and it’s equipped with beach chairs, umbrellas, watersport rentals, and three waterfront restaurants. Guests of the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef are fortunate to have convenient access to Evening Star Beach at the adjacent Marriott Frenchman’s Cove which is a quiet bay with excellent snorkeling. As a guest at the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef, you won’t want to miss some of the best beaches in the Caribbean found right here in St. Thomas! Discover the best snorkeling spots and the pristine shores and world-famous bays all just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the resort in our Local Guide to St. Thomas: Best Beaches. To get the full St. Thomas beach experience, guests can book a Sightseeing and Beach Stop Tour, which picks up right from the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef, to take in the incredible views and see local sites before hitting one of the top beaches on island. Large parties can book a Private Beach Hopping Tour and sample 3 of the top beaches on island in a private safari bus for an epic beach day for the whole group.
Recommended Beach Tours & Activities:
Sightseeing and Beach Stop Tour - Experience a famous St. Thomas beach and get a view of the local culture and history, all for a great rate!
Private Beach Hopping Tour - Board a private safari to 3 of the best beaches in St. Thomas, perfect for large families and groups!
Recommended Beach Articles:
Local Guide to St. Thomas: Best Beaches - Get exclusive local insight to the top beaches in St. Thomas that you will not want to miss!
Local Guide to St. Thomas: Swimming Spots - Leisure and active swimmers alike, get the local inside scoop on the best beaches in St. Thomas for swimming!
Havensight Mall- Just a 5 minute drive from the resort, Havensight Mall is one of the St. Thomas cruise ports with lots to offer Marriott guests. From jewelry and electronics to apparel and souvenirs, Havensight Mall has stores and selection for all types of shoppers. Havensight Mall and the surrounding area features breakfast, lunch, and dinner options of a variety of cuisines and price ranges. If you’re in need of any services or supplies, Havensight has a market, drug store, post office, and bank to accommodate any needs you may have while on vacation. Across the street from Havensight Mall are a variety of restaurants and the Skyride to Paradise Point, a gondola ride up the hills of St. Thomas for a fantastic view of the island. Just a short walk along the water from Havensight, and you’ll find the mega yachts in port at Yacht Haven Grande. In addition to some of the world’s largest yachts, Yacht Haven features designer stores and waterfront dining options. The Marriott Frenchman’s Reef’s proximity to Havensight Mall offers convenience for our guests to shop, dine, and catch spectacular views of St. Thomas.
Recommended Havensight Mall Tours:
Private St. Thomas Shopping Tour - Have a friendly driver waiting by your side so you can enjoy Havensight Mall, Downtown, and even more time for shopping!
Recommended Havensight Mall Articles:
Local Guide to St. Thomas Shopping - An exclusive look at the incredible duty free deals and extensive selection you’ll find in St. Thomas!
Havensight Mall Dining Guide - Grab a bite while you shop or enjoy a dinner on the waterfront at one of the great restaurants in the Havensight Mall area!
Downtown Charlotte Amalie- From Havensight Mall, guests can enjoy a scenic 15-20 minute walk to Downtown Charlotte Amalie or take a ride through Charlotte Amalie Harbor on our water taxi, departing right from the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef dock and dropping off at Main Street. In Downtown Charlotte Amalie, you’ll find incredible deals on name brand jewelry and watches and duty free diamonds, gold, and rare gems. Throughout the picturesque alleyways are delicious dining spots, souvenir shops, and local specialty stores. Visit the historic sites and learn about the events and cultures that made St. Thomas the island it is today. Just a short walk from Downtown is the Charlotte Amalie ferry and seaplane terminal where guests catch a ferry to St. John or visit St. Croix for the day on a short seaplane ride. From Downtown Charlotte Amalie, guests can make the short walk to Frenchtown, a local fishing village with a host of great restaurants. The convenient water taxi from the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort makes it easy for guests to experience all that Downtown Charlotte Amalie has to offer.
Recommended Downtown Charlotte Amalie Tours & Activities:
Island Tour with Shopping stop in St Thomas - See the best sites on island and hit the top shops for a great rate!
St. Thomas Shopping, Sightseeing, and Beach Stop Tour - Sample the best of St. Thomas with a little of everything: shop, sightsee, and hit the beach!
Recommended Downtown Charlotte Amalie Articles:
Local Guide to St. Thomas Shopping - Don’t miss an opportunity to score big and bring home those duty free deal with our exclusive look at shopping in St. Thomas!
Downtown Charlotte Amalie Dining Guide - Get a great meal with your shopping deals using our Downtown dining guide!
Frenchtown Dining Guide - Fresh caught seafood and delicious cuisines await in Frenchtown just a short walk from Downtown!
Things to Do- Through our activity and transportation booking service, CaribbaConnect, you can experience all the top things to do in St. Thomas with just one click. Visit our booking site to hit the many St. Thomas attractions and excursions available for Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star guests.
- Private Transportation- Save yourself from the hassles associated with shared airport transfers such as waiting for the airport taxi to fill up, crowded vehicles, and multiple stops to get to your destination. Delight in a seamless island arrival with affordable, convenient, and friendly airport transportation that begins with a personal driver waiting for you at baggage claim. Non-stop direct transfers are available from the St. Thomas airport right to Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort, and a stop at the market or convenience store is available upon request. Behold the superior experience of personalized service with our Local Guide to Private Airport Transportation.
- Sightseeing- Island tours pick up right from the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and are a must for experiencing top St. Thomas attractions. Hit the highlights of island views and photo ops on a St Thomas Sightseeing Tour or a St Thomas Private Tour with Certified Guide and Custom Itinerary. Check out our Local Guide to Exploring St. Thomasfor all the ways to see the top sites in St. Thomas.
- Sailing & Boating- With pick up service in the Red Hook area, it’s easy to add some adventure to your St. Thomas exploration on a sail or boating charter for a different view of the island, one from the beautiful Caribbean Sea. That is why you’re here after all! Visit our sister islands on a Day Sail to St. John or passport ready travellers can experience Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands on our Full Day Sail to Jost Van Dyke. Discover the many ways to enjoy the Caribbean Sea and surrounding islands with our Local Guide to Sailing and Boating Excursions.
- Ecotours- Explore the hidden beauty of St. Thomas on an ecotour. Ecotours allow you to discover St. Thomas gems that can only be experienced on an ecotour such as the St. Thomas mangrove lagoon on a Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay Kayak, Hike, and Snorkel Ecotour. These tours venture to marine sanctuaries for a unique encounter with nature. See all your ecotour options with our Local Guide to Ecotours.
- Shopping- Experience premier shopping destinations and make the most of duty free jewelry and luxury brands on a Shopping and Sightseeing tour or Full Day Private Tour with Certified Guide with Your HandPicked Custom Itinerary. St. Thomas offers incredible shopping deals and selection on jewelry, perfume, liquor and tobacco, electronics, and more. Discover the many St. Thomas shopping options and information on duty free allowances in our Local Guide to St. Thomas Shopping.
Dining- On-site restaurants offer guests ofthe Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort a variety of options for dining times and cuisines. In the main tower of the Frenchman’s Reef, Aqua Terra serves a breakfast buffet and a dinner menu featuring a variety of options from steak and seafood to pasta and burgers. The Sunset Grille is located near the pool area serving American and Caribbean fare for lunch and dinner. At the Morning Star side of the resort is Coco Joe’s, a casual beach bar serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner right along the beach. Havana Blue is the award-winning, fine dining restaurant on Morningstar Beach serving Latin and Pacific fare for dinner. The SandBar is located at the lower level of Havana Blue serving tapas lunch and dinner and brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Guest of the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef also have convenient access to the Sunset Cove restaurant located at the Marriott Frenchman’s Cove serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you’re looking to venture out to one of the many dining areas on island, use our handy dining guides to help you choose the restaurant that’s sure to hit the spot.
Recommended Dining Articles:
Downtown Charlotte Amalie Dining Guide - Enjoy Caribbean fare or a meal overlooking Charlotte Amalie Harbor with our local insight to the many Downtown dining spots!
Frenchtown Dining Guide - This local fishing village serves up delicious fresh caught seafood and more for a great dining spot near the harbor!
Havensight Dining Guide - A variety of cuisines, atmospheres, and waterfront views await in with Havensight Mall dining spots!
Red Hook Dining Guide - See why Red Hook is the place to be for dinner and nightlife on St. Thomas!
Whether you’re shopping downtown or taking in the views on a sunset sail, with CaribbaConnect and the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort, you’ve got the recipe for an incredible St. Thomas vacation. Our guides and excursions allow you to experience the best of St. Thomas no matter how often you’ve visited the island. Take advantage of all that’s in the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef area and explore the adventures awaiting you in St. Thomas!
St. Thomas Awaits,
CaribbaConnect Mentioned Excursions: