Crown Bay : Exploring the Cruise Port
One of the many great things about taking a cruise is that you have very little to plan. After all the ship gives you a schedule every day, serves your meals, and provides all your entertainment! However when it comes to your port days, it’s up to you how to spend them, and getting to know your cruise ports is a great way to start planning. While most cruise ships in St. Thomas dock at Havensight Mall, more and more ships are docking at Crown Bay. Finding out which dock your cruise is coming on is your first step to planning your day. If your ship is arriving at Crown Bay, you’re in the right place! Let me be your local guide to your cruise port before you even set sail on your cruise. I’m here to answer all your questions about Crown Bay St Thomas from where to shop, how to get around, and even how to get experience the best excursions right from the port!
Crown Bay St Thomas - Overview
The moment you step off your ship at the Crown Bay Dock St Thomas the sounds of the island and turquoise Caribbean Sea welcome you to paradise! Head straight to the shops or stop and take a postcard perfect photo of your ship along the rocky island coast. Get your fill of tax free and duty free shopping at the stores at Crown Bay and Crown Bay Marina or hop in a taxi and head to your island excursion. Everything you need to explore St. Thomas your way is waiting for you at Crown Bay!
Crown Bay Cruise Ship Dock - Location & Transportation
The Crown Bay St Thomas cruise port is located on the southwestern side of the island. Taxis to shopping, excursions, island tours, and St Thomas Beaches Near Cruise Terminal will pick up right from Crown Bay and Crown Bay Marina. Charlotte Amalie is about a 30 minute walk away to the scenic waterfront downtown where you will find tax and duty free shopping, historic sites, and Caribbean dining spots. St. Thomas is only 32 square miles so the whole island is within reach even on a port day!
Crown Bay Dock Stores
- Milano Jewelers
- Shoppers Haven
- Diamonds International
- Klassique Jewelers
Building B (Services)
- First Bank VI
- Crown Bay Cruise Lounge
- Crown Bay Center Management Offices
- Neltjeberg Bay Enterprises
- St. Thomas Dialysis Center
- Royal Caribbean
- Little Switzerland
- Penha Duty Free
- The Owl & The Seahorse
- Crown Bay Gifts
- V&G Originals
Building F (Dining & Entertainment)
- Costa Java
- Crown Bay Gaming Center
- Your Choice Cafe 1 & 2
- Island Flavor
- Angel Clothes & Souvenirs
- Caribbean Choices
- Caribbean Marketplace
○ Sandals for Your Neck
○ Island Ambrosia
○ Ana Souvenir Jewelry
○ Spice Isle
○ Get Right Tees
○ Oasis Jewelers
○ Tina’s Treasures
○ La Rosa Swimwear
○ Yoisma Design
○ St. Thomas Hot Spot
- Jewel House
- JC Creations
- Del Sol
Crown Bay Marina Stores
- Crown Bay Boatyard
- Water Island Ferry/Launch Service
- Gourmet Gallery
- Tickles Dockside Pub
- Scoops & Brew
- Island Marine Outfitters
- Blue Island Divers
- Your Choice Laundry
- Phoenix Visions Hair Design
- Balls of Bliss Acupressure Tools
- Knight Business Center and Mail Stop
Crown Bay Store Hours
The shops at the Crown Bay are typically open around 9-5. They operate around the cruise ship schedules, so you may find them open a little earlier if your ship comes in sooner or later if you ship stays beyond 5pm. The stores will also stay open later if there are local events hosted in the evening at the cruise port. The stores at Crown Bay Marina each have their own unique hours and are less dependent on cruise ships, but you can count on the restaurants and grocery store at Gourmet Gallery to be open during cruise ship hours.
Crown Bay St Thomas- Shopping
The shops are open and ready the moment you step off of your ship in Crown Bay! You'll find tax and duty free deals on souvenirs, liquor and tobacco, and jewelry of all kinds from luxury watches to Caribbean gems. There's even an open air marketplace with kiosks of local goods such as spices and handmade jewelry. Even more shops and services are available at Crown Bay Marina, just a short walk away. Shopping at Crown Bay makes it easy to score great deals with time to spare for your island excursions!
Crown Bay - Excursions from Cruise Port
These awesome island excursions pick up directly from Crown Bay and Crown Bay Marina for your convenience. Just get off your ship or charter, and be on your way!
- Island Tour in St Thomas - Get your camera ready for this 2-hour tour that’s the perfect way to see the top sights in St. Thomas! Learn about the history and culture of the island from your local tour guide on a fun party ride to all the best lookout points, and enjoy shopping at Mountain Top, the highest point in St. Thomas featuring amazing island views! If you prefer a private tour with more control of where you go, you can arrange for a St. Thomas Private Sightseeing Tour.
- Island Tour with Shopping stop in St Thomas - Take in all the views and local culture offered on the island tour with the added bonus of shopping in Downtown Charlotte Amalie! Rack up on tax and duty free deals on jewelry, liquor, luxury brands, apparel, souvenirs, and more! Grab some lunch from a Caribbean cafe. Experience the best sights and shops on St. Thomas! If you prefer a private tour with more control of where you go, you can arrange for a Private Sightseeing and Shopping Tour in St. Thomas.
- Island Tour with Beach stop in St Thomas - Experience the best sights in St. Thomas from the top of the highest mountain to the shore of one of our famous beaches! Island culture, amazing views, white sand, and the sparkling Caribbean sea- what more can you ask for? If you prefer a private tour with more control of where you go, you can arrange for a St. Thomas Private Sightseeing and Beach Excursion.
- Island Tour with Shopping and Beach Stop in St Thomas - See the sights, hit the shops, and soak in the Caribbean Sea on this all day tour that highlights all the best of St. Thomas! Snap postcard perfect pics, score tax free deals downtown, and spend your afternoon with a cocktail in hand or snorkeling in a school of fish at one of the best beaches in St. Thomas. Sample the island on this tour that’s a favorite for cruisers!
Crown Bay Dock St Thomas - Other Cruise Ship Friendly Excursions
If your excursion of choice doesn’t pick up from Crown Bay, have no fear! All St. Thomas excursions are just a taxi ride away, and the local drivers waiting as you disembark your ship know the island well and will make sure you reach your excursion on time. No matter which excursion or tour you choose, our expert local guides know how important your cruise ship schedule is, and they will guarantee you are back on your boat with time to spare.
- Discover Dive - Have you dreamed of diving in the Caribbean? Did you know that you don’t need certification to give it a go? With a discover dive, a quick lesson and practice session is all you need to explore under the sea in St. Thomas! Your PADI-certified Scuba Instructor will take you on an amazing guided tour of the vibrant reef where you’ll get up close with schools of tropical fish and unique sea life as deep as 40 feet!
- St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay Ecotours - Explore exotic wonders of St. Thomas on this awesome nature tour as you kayak through the mangrove lagoon! Hike to the beautiful shell beach and red cliffs found on the island of Cas Cay, and discover for yourself how these unique salt water trees and the lagoon create amazing snorkel spots!
- Half Day Powerboat Adventure - Hit all the highlights of the USVI from the water on this 32ft charter for up to 8 passengers. Snorkel vibrant coral reefs and explore the pristine beaches of St. John on this custom boat rental! Visit top snorkel spots chosen with the help of your expert captain and all your gear included.
- Half Day to St. John with Lunch - Set sail for beautiful Honeymoon Beach in St. John with top snorkeling spots and amazing views along the way! All your gear is included along with a buffet lunch and very open bar on this breezy sail that’s the perfect way to spend a day in port!
- Large Group Power Catamaran Tour - USVI - Cruising with a large group? Cruise, snorkel, and dance your way through USVI waters on a custom party at sea for up to 32 passengers with open bar, snacks, and snorkel gear included!
- Parasailing in St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands -Soar sky high over the crystal Caribbean Sea as you experience St. Thomas from a bird’s-eye view on the only excursion that combines the thrills of powerboating, parachuting, ballooning, and gliding!
Shopping, transportation, island excursions, and nearby scenic Charlotte Amalie, there are so many ways to enjoy St. Thomas from Crown Bay! All that’s left to do is choose how you want to see and experience the island on your cruise to St. Thomas!
Be sure to check out our blog article on A Locals Guide to St. Thomas: Know Before You Cruise, and visit our Shore Excursions page to book the best shore excursions on St. Thomas! If you have any questions about Crown Bay Dock St Thomas or any questions about the island, call or e-mail us for authentic local insight!
Step into Paradise,
CaribbaConnect Mentioned Excursions:
St. Thomas Private Sightseeing Tour
Island Tour with Shopping stop in St Thomas
Private Sightseeing and Shopping Tour in St. Thomas
Island Tour with Beach stop in St Thomas
St. Thomas Private Sightseeing and Beach Stop Tour
Island Tour with Shopping and Beach Stop in St Thomas
Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay Eco Tours
Half Day to St. John with Lunch
Large Group Power Catamaran Tour - USVI