PADI Discover Scuba Diving in St. Thomas
Come scuba dive in St. Thomas and experience the thrill of the world underwater! Visit a live coral reef off beautiful Coki Beach on this PADI Discover Scuba Diving, a great tour for beginner divers.
Ask any local diver and they will tell you the reefs off Coki Beach are considered the best dive and snorkel spot on ST Thomas. On your Discover Scuba Dive your PADI-Certified Scuba Instructor will introduce you to the excitement of diving underwater on a guided tour along a coral reef where you will encounter a variety of tropical fish and maybe even a sea turtle or ray along the way! Ask your instructor about Pictures of your dive available for purchase.
Your dive starts with a concise 20-30 minute dry land lesson by your instructor covering basic scuba skills, dive gear and theory. You’ll then suit up and enter the water along the shore, where you will practice in shallow water using your scuba gear finding out how easy it really is. When you feel comfortable you will submerge with your instructor and begin your guided dive.
Your air gauge will be closely monitored by your instructor to ensure a safe level of air. The dive typically lasts about 40 minutes, with a maximum depth of 40 feet but that will depend on your comfort level. You will be surprised by how quickly you relax. Your scuba dive will be the experience of a lifetime!
If you decide you want to become a PADI Open Water Certified Diver on your vacation, you can count this dive toward that goal. The course takes typically 3 session and you would have just completed one of them. Over the last 25 years, this top-rated 5 star PADI Dive Operator has had thousands of beginning divers continue on to become PADI Open Water Certified Divers. Whether you have a long-term goal of becoming certified or you just want to enjoy a one-off dive and cross another item off your bucket list, this dive is the perfect choice.
Book your St. Thomas scuba diving tour now! Dive with the oldest continually owned 5 star PADI Dive Center in ST Thomas, diving since 1989.
- St. Thomas scuba diving tour off fabulous Coki Beach with the oldest continually owned PADI 5 star dive center on ST Thomas
- Visit a live coral reef and encounter tropical fish
- Chances to see sea turtles, rays, and more!
- Certified and highly experienced scuba instructors
- Ask about pictures of you dive
- Full 20- to 30-minute dry land lesson and shallow water practice session prior to your 40-minute dive
- Ask how your dive can count toward PADI Open Water Certification
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Before booking, please complete the Medical Questionnaire below. If you answer YES to any of the questions, you MUST bring a written release from your doctor before you dive.
- After you dive, it is recommended you wait at least 12 hours before flying
- Minimum age requirement of 10 years or older
- Wetsuit rental not included ($5 fee per person)
- A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under 18 years old.
- We reserve the right to refuse anyone dive or snorkel gear.
Departure point: Coki Dive Center just after Coki Beach at Coral World Marine Park, northeast St. Thomas. If you are driving make sure to ask us for a parking pass for your car. If arriving by taxi ask your driver to drop you at Coral World just after Coki Beach. We are located on the left as you enter their parking lot.
Departure time: Varies based on your reservation. Typically 9:00am, 11:30am, or 1:30pm.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours (20- to 30-minute lesson and a 40-minute dive)
Return information: Coki Dive Center, Coral World Marine Park, northeast St. Thomas
- Dry land scuba lesson
- Shallow water practice of basic scuba skills
- Scuba dive to a live coral reef at Coki Beach
- PADI-certified instructor
- All dive gear (wetsuit rental not included: $5 per person)
- Snorkel gear to use for the day ($10 value)
- Wetsuit rentals are $5 per person
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
Time permitting, if you arrive and sign in early, going snorkeling is a great way to get ready for your dive. Coki Beach offers the best snorkeling on St Thomas, and your tour can provide snorkeling gear free of charge. Important*! If you are driving make sure to ask us for a parking pass to park in the Coral World parking lot. If you are arriving by taxi ask the driver to drop you at Coral World just after Coki Beach. We are on the left as you enter their parking lot.
Please carefully read the medical questions below.
Answering YES to ANY of the questions indicates that you have a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and that you must seek the advice of your physician. If you answer YES to ANY of these questions, you will need an original, unconditional medical release from your doctor before diving.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hay fever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medications that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.