St. Thomas Private Sightseeing and Beach Excursion
Enjoy a private sightseeing tour that offers the most breathtaking views around St. Thomas, transportation to some of the best restaurants, shopping, and activities on the island, and your choice of one of five amazing beaches for a fun beach excursion. Experience the best of St. Thomas and all the sights and sounds from an open air Safari bus, the favored choice among visitors to the island. Your itinerary includes stops at four of the world’s most stunning viewpoints, access to great local food, drinks, and shopping, and an extended visit to your preferred choice among the five best beaches on St. Thomas. Your beach excursion includes opportunities for sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, and a chance to experience magnificent wildlife and natural beauty. Depending on the beach you choose, you can also enjoy access to local food and shopping from beachside shops and vendors.
Duration: 7.5 hours
Maximum Passengers: 17
Cost: $435 (for up to 10 passengers) / $40 for each additional passenger
- Enjoy the sights, sounds, and splendors of St. Thomas from an open air Safari bus
- Ideal for families, private groups, and parties
- Sightseeing tour includes the best viewpoints on St. Thomas
- Choose one of five St. Thomas beaches for a stop-off and beach excursion
- Enjoy access to local food, restaurants, bars, and shopping
- Get personalized, private service with flexible drop-offs and pickups
- Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
- Please note that all availability is listed in the local, Atlantic Standard Time, and is not considered the same as “Cruise Ship Time”.
- $4 per person entry fee required for specific beaches (subject to change & not included in tour)
- Beach amenities and rentals vary by your chosen location
- Bring your own swimwear, towels, and beach attire
- Rentals available for beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling, watersports, and more
- Route and options subject to change based on local weather and accessibility
- Flexible scheduling for cruise ship passengers when passengers notify the tour operator at least 24 hours in advance. Tour contact details provided with your booking confirmation email.
Departure point: Flexible (contact the tour provider after you receive your confirmation)
Departure time: Based on your selected start time.
Duration: 7.5 hours
Return details: Same as departure point.
Beaches (choose 1 when your tour begins*)
* When your Safari bus arrives, your driver will ask you to specify your preferred beach.
Magens Bay Beach (Northside)
Take in the spectacular views and enjoy the calm waters at Magens Bay, the most popular beach on St. Thomas and one of National Geographic’s top 10 Atlantic Ocean beaches. Paddle boats, kayaks, and Sunfish personal sail boats are available for rental, and chairs and floats are also available at the concession. Lifeguards are normally on duty during open hours. Magens Bay is also great for family picnics with tables available throughout the beach. The concession includes a gift shop, a bar, and a restaurant with burgers, pizza, and other snacks. A bath house is also available with restrooms and open salt/freshwater showers.
Coki Point Beach (East End)
A small, beautiful beach located at the East End of St. Thomas, Coki Point features crystal clear water and a rocky reef area that is great for snorkeling. A popular location for picnics and parties, Coki Point also features beachside eateries and roadside food vans with fare that includes burgers, sandwiches, and great local dishes. Snorkels, chairs, umbrellas, and other beach gear are also available for rental. A bath house is also available with restrooms and open salt/freshwater showers.
Secret Harbor Beach is nestled in a quiet, protected bay with calm waters that are ideal for swimming. Snorkeling is a favorite activity along the nearby rocky coastline, and those enjoying the swim out to the floating raft in the bay or otherwise enjoying the water might catch glimpses of Secret Harbor’s beautiful rays and sea turtles. When you’re not enjoying the palm trees and tropical feel of this small patch of paradise, you can visit the Secret Harbor Resort with a great restaurant and beach bar. Please note that there is no lifeguard on duty at Secret Harbor.
Lindquist Beach (Smith Bay Park)
The newest beach on St. Thomas and one of the most beautiful and pristine beaches on the island, Lindquist is located on the East End and is an undeveloped beach with only dirt road access. It has recently been renamed as Smith Bay Park. A lifeguard is on duty, and basic amenities include picnic tables and portable rest rooms. Snorkeling can be enjoyed on the right side of the beach, but you must bring your own gear. Lifeguards are normally on duty during open hours, and a bath house is available with restrooms and open salt/freshwater showers. Several picnic tables are also available. With white sand, crystal clear water, and a thick tree line for shade, Lindquist Beach has become a favorite spot for locals, particularly for weekend picnics and parties.
Sapphire Beach is a local favorite with beautiful sand and warm, crystal clear waters accented by nearby palm trees and sea grape trees. Located within walking distance of the Sapphire Beach Resort, Condos and Marina, Sapphire Beach features foods and drinks through an open air grill and a condo restaurant close by. Sapphire Beach is also well known for water sports options including wind surfing, kayaking and snorkeling.
Your sightseeing tour begins with Blackbeard’s Overlook, also known as Pilgrim Terrace, offering a spectacular pirate’s eye view of the Charlotte Amalie bay from a vantage point attributed to the pirates who once occupied St. Thomas. Your view also includes Blackbeard’s Castle, a watchtower built in 1679 and now one of five National Historic Landmarks in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
World Famous Mountain Top
Your journey continues onward to the world famous Mountain Top, the oldest and highest attraction on St. Thomas, located at the top of St. Peter Mountain. Mountain Top offers dazzling and awe-inspiring views of Magens Bay below and numerous surrounding islands, making it one of the best vista points on St. Thomas. And no experience at Mountain Top is complete without a world famous banana daiquiri, the signature drink that has been served to more than 7 million visitors from around the globe!
The next stop is Drake’s Seat, with another spectacular view of Magens Bay, the surrounding mountains, and the nearby British Virgin Islands. It’s a perfect place to stop, rest, and sit in the famous seat built in the days when traveling to this fabulous view meant traveling by horse or foot. Legend has it that British privateer Sir Francis Drake may have used this hilltop vantage point to spy incoming enemy ships.
And, as your tour takes you to the East End of St. Thomas and Skyline Drive, you will arrive at Beacon Point, where you can experience a terrific view of St. John and other neighboring islands from the observatory platform. Sample a virgin banana daiquiri or pour your own rum, adding as much as you want before the mixer. You can also visit the gift shop and enjoy a snack. Please note that although it is rare, Beacon Point is closed on days when no major cruise ship docks on the island.
Finally, as your tour returns, you can enjoy a passing view of of St. Thomas’ new solar farm, where Caribbean sunshine is now being converted into renewable energy to help keep the island green for generations to come.
- Full-service transportation in an open-air Safari bus
- Private tour with a professional driver
- Sightseeing itinerary and beach excursion
- Timed itinerary or options for flexible drop-offs and pick-ups
- Beach admission fees not included
- Food, drinks, and gratuities not included
- Does not include rental of beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling, or other gear
Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Norwegian, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
At least 24 hours in advance