St. John Eco Hiking and Snorkeling Tours
Explore the best of Virgin Island National Park above and below the water in a small or private hiking and snorkeling tour.
Depart from the Virgin Islands National Park Visitor Center and hike along the Lind Point Trail. A professional nature guide will introduce you to the tropical wonders of the Virgin Islands National Park, explaining flora, fauna, and cultural and historical facts along the way. Upon arriving at Honeymoon Beach in St. John, your guide will teach you to snorkel and accompany you as you explore an adjacent coral reef and identify the colorful sea life. Afterwards, the final portion of your hike takes you through a grove of wild cinnamon, the botanical gardens of Caneel Bay Resort, and on to the former Sugar Mill Plantation of Caneel Bay. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Virgin Islands on this great tour that delivers some of the best of hiking and snorkeling in the Caribbean. This is a limited availability tour, so book now and make your reservation early so you don't miss out on this fantastic experience!
Caneel Bay St. John Kayak, Hiking, and Snorkeling Tours - 3 Hrs
Henley Cay St. John Kayaking and Snorkeling Tours - 3 Hrs
Caneel Bay and Henley Cay Ecotours with Lunch - 5 Hrs
St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon Snorkeling and Kayaking Tour - 2.5 Hrs
Ecotour and Lunch - St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay - 5 Hrs
St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay Ecotours - 3 Hrs
Duration: 3 hours
Child (ages 2-12): $39
- Three-hour tour of the Virgin Islands National Park and Caneel Bay in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Snorkeling with expert instruction and interpretation by our guides
- Breathtaking, scenic views and exploration of spectacular ecosystems and coral reefs
- Opportunities to observe and encounter sea turtles, sting rays, seabirds, fish, and more
- Snorkel gear and life jackets included
- Outstanding, friendly service from our professional eco guides
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Bring clothing that can get wet and a hat, sunglasses, etc. for sun protection
- Bring a bathing suit and towel
- Bring watershoes or sandals with a strap around the heel recommended
- Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time of your departure
- Cancellations within 24 hours or a failure to show up for your tour will result in a full charge for the cost of your tour
Departure point: Please meet your guide at the relief map inside the Virgin Islands National Park Visitor Center in Cruz Bay, St. John. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour.
Departure time: Based on your reservation
Duration: 3 hours
Return information: This tour ends at Honeymoon Beach. There are taxis waiting in the resort's guest parking lot that will bring you back to the starting point, The Virgin Islands National Park Visitor's Center. The fare for the taxi is $5 per person. Many guests choose to enjoy the prettiest view of the evening's sunset from Caneel Bay's Beach Bar, sipping a tropical drink, and enjoying hors d'oeuvres or a casual dinner.
- Three-hour hiking and snorkeling adventure
- Professional instruction and interpretation by an eco guide
- Snorkeling equipment and a life jackets included
- Free lockers, dressing room, and toilet facilities provided at Honeymoon Beach (toward the end of your tour)
- Beverages and snacks included
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then no refund will be given.