St. Thomas Taphus Sip & Bites Tour
Visit some of St. Thomas' best bars and restaurants on this spectacular and scrumptious multi-stop food and beverage tour!
Enjoy scrumptious beverages while you hear the captivating story of rum on the islands, including tales of pirates, sugar cane plantations, and stout spirits on St. Thomas in the early 1700s.
Our tour is an ode to Charlotte Amalie's original name, Taphus, which means "Tap House" in Danish. For many years, St. Thomas was known as a free-spirited pirate’s den and for the many bars that lined its harbor. In 1691, the town’s name was changed to what it is known as today, Charlotte Amalie.
On the menu:
- Stop 1: Pour your own local rum to make a tasty daiquiri while listening to our pirate history.
- Stop 2: You can’t come to the island without leaving with a taste of our very own Cruzan Rum—in a place you won’t expect to visit on St. Thomas.
- Stop 3: Visit a new downtown restaurant steep in culinary history. Here you will savor curry chicken and sip on locally distilled vodka, made right here in downtown Charlotte Amalie.
- Stop 4: Stop at a favorite whole-in-the-wall food stand to savor a local "pate" or meat pie.
- Stop 5: Finish off the tour at a family-owned street pub where you will make your own rum punch.
At the end of your tour, you can take home a commemorative cup to remember us. By the end of the tour, you will know all the best places to stop in for a tasty drink. Captain Bluebeard would be proud!
Book now to enjoy the mouth-watering delights of a St. Thomas' best food tour.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Maximum Guests: 2 to 12 people per group
Minimum Age: 12
- Multi-stop tour of the best bars and restaurants in Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas
- Imbibe in island history while you enjoy the flavors of the island
- Pour your own rum to make a tasty daiquiri
- Enjoy a curry chicken and vodka meal at St. Thomas’ new downtown restaurant
- Sample local "pate" or meat pie
- Take home a commemorative cup
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Tour takes place rain or shine
- Minimum age for tour guests is 12 years old
- Minimum age to be served alcoholic beverages is 18 years old
- Casual, comfortable clothing and shoes recommended
Departure point: At the Entrance of downtown Main Street (exact meeting point provided with booking confirmation). A 30-minute walk and a 5-minute cab ride from the cruise ship docks.
Departure time: 1:00 pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Return information: At the Entrance of downtown Main Street
- Historical tour with tastings at 4 food restaurants and eateries
- Commemorative cup
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
All tours are conducted in English.
Tours take place, rain or shine. Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.