St. Thomas Food Tour: Historic Main Street
Experience the culture, history and culinary delights of St. Thomas on a food tour of historic Main Street in Charlotte Amalie!
Savor culinary treasures at a diverse range of eateries as you walk through a former commercial and trading hub that dates back to the 1600s. A guide will lead you on this 5-star rated tour where you will taste the best of St. Thomas cuisine and discover the most popular spots for delicious local food. You will enjoy the best choices for seafood, fried pate, and callaloo.
Operated by the first cultural food tour company in St. Thomas, this recommended tour is staffed by guides with over 20 years of local experience. They will introduce you to the charms, history, and flavors that make St. Thomas so unique, including handpicked restaurants and hidden gems you won’t find on TripAdvisor.
Walk through history as you visit Fort Christian, built in the 17th century and the oldest standing structure in the Virgin Islands. You will also see the famous Hotel 1829, the oldest hotel on the island and a site listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. As an added delight, your tour will also stop at the picturesque 99 steps, a step street bordered by colorful flowers and rising through the hills of the Charlotte Amalie harbor area.
Don’t miss the wonderful cuisine of historic Main Street. Book your St. Thomas food tour now!
- Savor culinary delights on a historic food tour of Main Street
- Take in the history, sights, sounds, and flavors of St. Thomas
- Sample food from handpicked restaurants and hidden gems
- Walk through history with stops at Fort Christian, Hotel 1829, and the 99 Steps
- Enjoy amazing service from an experienced tour guide and foodie
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Wear comfortable shoes and light clothing
- Tours take place, rain or shine
- Kids under 3 are free but don’t receive tastings.
Departure point: At the Entrance of downtown Main Street (exact meeting point provided with booking confirmation). A 30-minute walk and a 5-minute cab ride from the cruise ship docks.
Departure time: 10:00 am
Duration: 2.5 hours
Return information: At the Entrance of downtown Main Street
- Food tour of downtown Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Stops at world-renowned historical landmarks
- An experienced and knowledgeable local tour guide
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
All tours are conducted in English.
Tours take place, rain or shine. Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.